08 March 2012

Cloth Diapers: Laundry Routine

If you haven't noticed by now, I'm a little obsessed with cloth diapers.  They are so darn cute & so fun, how can I not be a little obsessed with them?  Plus, people ask me a lot of questions about them and I get great feedback when I do reviews on here, so I figure I'll just keep on talking about them.  Truthfully, I hope they keep making a comeback!

I thought I'd share a little about my laundry routine.  Here is one of my wetbags.  I have two in this size (large) and one smaller.  It hangs on the back of the nursery door, right next to my changing table.  It's completely waterproof.  When I get done changing a diaper, I spray the diaper with a 50-50 mixture of water & Biokleen Bac-Out.  Then I toss it into this bag and zip it back up.  I've never had a smell come out of this bag.  My routine will have to change once she starts eating something other than milk & formula, but for now, I don't have to rinse anything out in the toilet because it's all water soluble.  Super easy!


Speaking of my changing table... these are my diapers inside of it.  This was right before I did a load of laundry, so it's a big wimpy, but you get the idea... lots of pretty colors!


Laundry.... I just unzip the wetbag and dump everything in... I never have to touch a diaper at this point!


Turn the wetbag inside out & throw it in the wash, too!


Pretty colors!  The washcloths you see are my cloth wipes.  I started using them about 6 weeks in and love them!  Pretty simple to use & I just toss it in the wash with everything else.


I do 3 cycles.  Rinse with cold water, wash with hot water, then rinse with cold water.


Before diapers, I had no clue how to just do a rinse cycle on the washing machine!  Yup-- a complete idiot at washing can learn how to wash cloth diapers.  :)


C'mon... how can you not love this little fluffy butt?


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails