01 January 2012

Newness.

There's something awesome about newness.  A clean slate, a fresh start.

Like on the first day of school when you have crisp, new notebooks, fresh pencils & pens, and a backpack without an applesauce spill in the bottom.  You just feel like you can take on the world at that moment.

We get a lot of chances at newness.  Every morning is a new day.  Every Monday is a new week.  And every year is like one big chance to change something, should you like.

I'm not one for New Years resolutions.  When I do make a resolution, I like to start a few days/weeks/months early.  I mean, if I make a decision to lose weight after the new year, why not start immediately & not have the extra weight to lose that I could potentially gain in the time leading up to the new year?

But this year is a bit different.  The new year doesn't have the freshness that it normally does for me.  Instead, I feel like I'm in the final stretch.  And, I am.  I have 3 weeks left until my due date & there are a million things to do.  In effect, my "newness" is starting in 3(ish) weeks.  And even then, everything is unpredictable.  I have no idea how I'll adjust to life with a newborn.  I want to be one of those moms who has the baby out, strolling around the mall after just a week (or less!).  But will I be?  Who knows?

So this year is all about taking it slow & learning.

What is the new year to you?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails