20 December 2011

Guilt-Trip God?


1) 97% of statistics are made up on the spot.  Kind of like the one I just gave you.

2) God is not a guy in the sky trying to guilt trip you into sharing things on Facebook.  Or email.  His demands are more along the lines of love one another & such... not "repost if you love [me]."

If you've ever found yourself reposting something like this, I encourage you to reconsider.  It's not that I don't want God's love shared... I just don't see how this is showing God's love.  It's a guilt trip to try & get other Christians to repost it.

Instead, why don't we go out, find someone who doesn't know God's love, & show it to them?

I include myself at the top of the list of those who need to work on this.  Sure, I may not repost things like this on Facebook or email, but how often do I purposefully go out to show God's love to another person?  I think there's no better time to start than now!

1 comment:

Alicia P. said...

Thank you for this Susan! I really dislike posts like this. They are more annoying than showing the love of Jesus and do we really want to add more fuel to the Christians are annoying and intrusive stereotype? Great suggestions on the REAL way we can show God's love.

Related Posts with Thumbnails