07 November 2011

I have the memory of a gnat.


At Panera the yesterday, one lady went around letting people know that someone left their keys and cell phone in the restroom.  My first thought?  "Whew, glad I didn't use the restroom, or that definitely would've been me!"

Then I realized that I couldn't find my keys or cell phone.

So to recap, not only did I forget my keys & cell phone in the restroom, but I'd forgotten altogether that I even WENT to the restroom!

This has pretty much been the theme of my life lately.  I can't remember anything.  And I didn't really have a good memory to start with!

And I can't even begin to tell you how many times I looked at the clock in my car yesterday (which hadn't been switched yet from the time change) & thought I was running an hour behind.  Serious freak-out time!  Like one of those bad dreams where even though you know you have a mid-term at 1:00pm & you can't make it up, you still manage to be an hour late & miss it, therefore failing the class.

Did I mention I dream about school a lot?  I graduated college four years ago.  Four years since I've sat in a classroom & taken a test.  And now I dream about it roughly 5 times a week.

Whew... concentrate, Susan, concentrate.

Yes, I have the memory of a gnat.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails