18 August 2011

Sugar & Spice

What are little girls made of?  Sugar & spice & everything nice.

Yeah... that's the problem.

Although we weren't very vocal about it before (because we didn't want people to misunderstand us & think it was for the wrong reasons), Josh & I were kind of hoping for a boy.  Of course, the important thing is that it's a healthy baby.

But we both know our limits.  With a little boy, we knew we could easily do gender neutral items & not go gaga over baby items.  We also knew that if we found out it was a little girl, we would turn to mush.  One big pile of butter melted in her tiny little newborn hands.

And guess what?  We were right!  Within a week we are nothing but piles of mush oohing & ahhing over the cutest little girl things.  We're still going gender neutral on the items that will carry over to the next child (furniture, cloth diapers, stroller, car seat, blankets, etc), but there is more pink than I would have imagined already filling our future nursery!

It isn't like we went out & searched for it... pink stuff just came to us.  I found this crib the other day (thank you to my parents for buying it for us!), and when I asked the lady how much, she gave me a price & said that if I wanted the bedding, it was free.


Like I'm going to turn down something for free!

So that's how we ended up with pink bedding.  Oops.  At least it had a lot of brown in there as well.  It is awfully cute!

But that brings me to my next picture.  I found this dress at the same consignment shop!  This is the style I want our little girl to have.  I know she's not going to be wearing dresses every day, but I do want her to have a better sense of style than I do!


Best thing about this dress? Well, other than the neckline... it's not pink!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so know what you mean. Except we got boys. ha ha.

Stephanie said...

I think that most people have hopes for one gender or another...nothing wrong with that! I hope for any baby at all, but if I had the choice, I'd want a boy for my first child (since we don't have any boy babies in the family) and a girl for my second. Love that dress! Isn't it easier to style a baby than yourself?

Anonymous said...

I was thrilled when we found out one twin was a girl after 2 months of thinking it was 2 boys for all the reasons you listed! Also, Reese has that dress!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails