08 August 2011

I have an idea...

This weekend I had a little down time and I wanted to start thinking about our little one & it's nursery.  Now, I'm terrible with interior decorating, and our house decor is very 'play it safe.'  Pretty much everything is related to photography & music-- and the color scheme is black, brown, white, & red.

I told you it was 'play it safe!'

But I want to do something a little different with this nursery, so I went on Polyvore.com & started randomly throwing together things I liked. Whatever color or product struck my fancy, I threw it on the palette to sort through later.  In the end, I came up with this.
Nursery 1
And no, I don't have any clue if it's a boy or a girl yet.  :)

I will tell you that when I finished this little project, I fell in love.  I love the colors, the simplicity of the designs... everything about it!

Then I showed it to Josh.  Heh-- his reaction was priceless.

Josh: Well, I liked the other ideas we had better... we were talking about a more modern style & this is kind of... eclectic.

Me: *silence*  Did you see the lyrics?

Josh: *walking back towards the computer*  No... what are they?

Me: Cat Stevens!

Josh: Honestly, I like it a lot better now.  Let's do it.

----

So we might-- I really dig this style and I'd love to pull our house into a mixture of modern & eclectic-- and I think this is a great mixture of those two!  We also want to incorporate music into the nursery, and I love those lyrics!  I tried other ways to incorporate music, but sticking music notes on the wall just doesn't suit my fancy & I can't seem to find anything I like other than this!  It just seems perfect.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

LOVE the color palette. Its fun and artsy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails