29 August 2011

Hurricane Irene.

Well folks, Hurricane Irene hit this weekend.  It wasn't as bad here as we originally expected, which was nice!  Afterwards, my mom asked if it was scary.  I replied that compared to how the wind howls through the trees where they live, it wasn't that bad & I didn't really get scared.  That threw her off a bit, but really, compared to living in a trailer with trees surrounding you and the wind whipping down the opposite side of the mountain towards your house, it wasn't bad at all.

I was expecting a hurricane to end all hurricanes.  There were evacuations everywhere and I'd never seen anyone board up a house or business before in my life.  It was craziness!  But thankfully the hurricane didn't destroy as much as expected, and people stayed out of it's way.

I do have to say-- people staying off the roads & being smart sure did help a lot.  I'm sure the police & fire departments had plenty to deal with, but the fewer idiots out and about, the better!

At any rate, I'm tired & power goes on & off lately, so I'll leave you with this for now.  This was my Facebook status from a year ago & I think it's worth a second look since it brought a smile to my face!

Have a great day/week/month!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails