20 July 2011

Larger than life.

A few weeks ago I went to a friends house & before I left, she insisted that we take some zucchini.  Not one to turn down free veggies straight from the garden, I was all about it!

I was more than a little shocked when she came back with these puppies.  That's a tuna can for size reference!


But it gets even better... for another friend, she just sent one with them... that was TWICE the size of ours!  The caption he put on Facebook says, "No, those aren't miniature bananas..."


And in case you're wondering, there are several ways to use it in the kitchen:

1) Have a cooking extravaganza & bake zucchini bread, zucchini muffins, stir fry, pasta w/zucchini, etc.
2) Cut one piece off at a time & make one zucchini item per day.

Needless to say, we're working a little zucchini into our everyday lives!  And since we knew there was no way on earth we could use two, we shared the love with some friends!

2 comments:

Nate & Danielle said...

you MUST make zucchini casserole with them!!!!!! that's what I did when nate brought home 4 ridiculously huge zucchinis from the farmer's market :) I'll message you the recipe!

mikedominice said...

Hold on a second - I'm confused. Is this supposed to be another "the baby is as big as a [fruit/vegetable]" posts? I feel like it was only as big as a lime or something earlier this week, and now it's as big as a mutant zucchini?!?

;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails