04 July 2011

Fourtha, revisited.

Happy 4th of July!!!

Last year I told you about Fourtha.  I kind of feel like we're friends, even though she died about a hundred years ago.  She's buried near my great-grandmother &... her birthday?  The fourth-a-July!  

Which makes me think, since our baby is due on the 23rd of January, should we call him/her Twenty-thirda?  Twenty-thirdo?

Nah, I think we'll stick with the names we've got.  Although I would love to know the conversation leading up to Fourtha's naming.

I'm excited for the 4th of July this year.  I'm used to being the most pyromaniac-tic patriotic family on the theoretical block.  Both of my parents grew up as military kids & we always get together with the extended family to celebrate life & the freedom we have.  However, this year I get to see it from an entirely different perspective.  Living in a military area, there is a whole new dimension that I couldn't possibly see otherwise, & I'm loving it!

How will you be celebrating the 4th of July?


Happy Birthday USA, & Happy Birthday Fourtha!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails