23 June 2011

Describing 'morning' sickness.

Before I was pregnant, women would describe morning sickness in different ways.  It was usually one of these:

"I'd vomit on the way to work every morning but I'd be totally fine afterwards-- just keep a bag in your car!"

"I kept a trashcan by my bed & vomited every morning before I even got out of bed."

"It doesn't always happen in the morning."

"Nothing tastes good."

Boy was I in for a surprise.  I'd like to share with the world another definition.

You know that feeling you get when you have just eaten way too much food?  I mean like, totally gorged yourself at a restaurant & your stomach hurts afterwards & sticks out to the point where unbuttoning your pants sounds like a fabulous idea?  You feel like you just have to lay down & hopefully sleep it off.  Wishing you could just go back in time and not eat that food?  And then you can feel the reflux creeping back up in your throat & you're scared to burp or cough or sneeze because you think you may just vomit instead?

And might I add that even though you have this feeling, that doesn't mean that you've actually eaten anything today, so you're hungry on top of it.  But the thought of food brings on more nausea.

I feel like that 24 hours a day... even though I'm on Zofran for nausea.  Honestly, the Zofran helps a lot.  Without it, I just lay in bed & cry.

So ladies, I'm not trying to be a downer, but I do think that others should know about this.  I'm super thankful to be pregnant & have a healthy baby so far, but morning sickness definitely isn't anything like what I was expecting, even at the worst.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Hang in there. Monica didn't get sick but she still felt the affects of the fall of man. Curse you Adam and Eve...curse you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails