28 June 2011

10 weeks.

Admittedly, it's kind of hard to imagine how big this baby is lately.  Grapes, olives, raspberries... kind of confusing.  And this week I had the choice between a prune & a kumquat... say what?  So then I found this nifty picture.  It's a kumquat next to a quarter... now I know what the size of a quarter is!

We've now started growing tiny fingernails & toenails & peach fuzz is beginning to grow!  It's limbs can now bend & it's likely moving around like crazy in there, although I can't feel it yet.  It's forehead is bulging out a little bit with the super-smart developing brain.

My morning sickness has started to subside a little bit & has not been as bad in the evening.  I've even been taking a little less Zofran on some days!  Sweets are also tasty again.  They were downright gross before, but I'm starting to get some of my appetite back.

My stomach is beginning to grow more and more as well.  Each morning I can feel it larger & larger.  It's taking some getting used to, but it's nice as well!

Last Wednesday we had some issues going on & I called my doctor's office, who told us to go to the ER immediately.  Perhaps it was my upbringing that only included hospitals if you had a broken bone or a seizure, or perhaps it was my doubt that the issue was that serious, but I maybe-just-a-little-bit asked them again if I really needed to go to the ER.

They weren't amused by that.

But after going to the ER, I wasn't amused that they sent me.  Turns out, I wasn't crazy after all, and after 4 hours & a couple of tests, they said they would have to call someone in to do an ultrasound & it would take a few more hours, so if we wanted to, we could just go home & go to my doctor first thing in the morning for an ultrasound.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got the ultrasound to make sure little Fowler was okay but I wasn't amused by the steps it took to get there.

So for the first time since the day I was born, I wore a hospital bracelet.  The doctor looked at me amazed when I mentioned that.  I was born around 6am, and was required to stay for at least 12 hours.  By 5:30pm my mom was packing things up & had me dressed & ready to go.  The nurses were concerned, but really, I was the 4th kid-- my mom kind of knew the drill.

Here's to a hopefully uneventful week with our growing little one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is okay. Yay for 10 weeks. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails