01 November 2010

Movember



I've been dreading this month ever since my husband told me about it a few weeks ago.  Movember.  It's when moustaches ("mo's") and November come together to raise awareness about men's health.

It's like wearing pink and walking to raise awareness about breast cancer.  The moustache is their ribbon, and growing it is their equivalent to walking to raise awareness... and money.

The money goes to the Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) and LIVESTRONG, the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

So guys, if you're up for it, you can check out more details here.  And start by being clean shaven today. Grow that 'stache and I hear there are even parties in different cities to celebrate at the end of the month!

1 comment:

AnniePressley said...

I've always just known it as No Shave November... and all my guy friends just want to see how far their beards can go.

Related Posts with Thumbnails