18 September 2010

NorthPoint Community Church Sept.1996 at Galleria Ballroom

This is a video clip of the early days of our church when we lived in Atlanta, North Point Community Church. Watch a little or watch it all.



A few thoughts:

1) WOW... Andy in a suit and tie?
2) Check out the hair. On all of them.
3) I know 3 of those guys! (Andy- pastor; Todd- worship leader; Kevin- drummer) Okay, so I only know Kevin personally, but still. I feel semi-cool. Those three (and maybe more of the people on stage that I don't know) are still doing the exact same thing today.
4) Was that 'Lord I Lift Your Name on High'?
5) What year did that song come out? [answer: 1989]
6) What was I doing in 1996? [answer: I think I'd just stopped sucking my thumb]
7) I'm still not over the hair... and clothes.

All kidding aside, I'm really proud of them. So it seems funny to look back on, but in all reality, this was pretty edge for 1996. I know I was young, but it was 2000 or 2001 before I discovered that there were guitars at church.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails