13 August 2010

Happy Friday the 13th!

13 is my lucky number.

I mean, I wouldn't bet on it or anything, but it's a recurring number in my life, and I like that.

It's the one thing I'm not scared of.

I was born on Friday the 13th.  It was in June, so don't wish me a happy birthday just yet.  But you can imagine how my brothers loved to remind me of my unlucky birthday throughout my life.

But to me, it's lucky!  I just never realized how lucky.

It's treated me pretty good, 13 has.  I met Josh on the 13th, he proposed on the 13th, and we got married on the 13th.  The only one that was truly intentional was the proposal.  He planned it for my birthday (and still managed to shock me).

Obviously we couldn't have planned when we met.  And for our wedding?  We had it planned for the 6th, but my exams at school didn't end until the 4th, so we decided to push it back a week.  Ta-da... it was the 13th!  So I figured it was better that way anyway.

Needless to say, I can't wait until 2013.  I think I'll celebrate by having kids.  What do you think?

Oh, and remember those pesky brothers?  Two of them have the tattoo above.

I can only assume it's because they love me so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your happy day! :] It tickles me that you dig Friday the 13th!

Steph said...

thanks for visiting my blog :) I was reading up on your posts, and found this one!! My husband's lucky number is 13 as well....and it was his baseball number :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails