27 July 2010

Swannanoa Gathering. Part Two.

If you missed my first post about the Swannanoa Gathering, then you definitely need to check it out.  Especially if you know my dad. 


Isn't that pretty?  The dancing was in the pavilion and the was a hill full of grass that everyone sat on to watch the fun.


It was a full dance floor for every song.


On the far left is my uncle.  My dad's twin.  He was one of the performers.


My cousin took these pictures while my dad was throwing me around the dance floor.


Then I snuck behind the performers and snapped a few pics.


And by the time the dancing was done, everyone was already breaking off into (what seemed to me) random groups.  It was cool to see them casually pull up some chairs (where did they get them from?) and jam out after midnight!


And here's a terrible picture of the sky, but you get the idea.  It was gorgeous.


And this stupid bug (and my brother) bothered me for the rest of the night.  My brother picked it up and started teasing me with it.  I guess things haven't changed that much after all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails