07 July 2010

Phone Woes.

Well this post is long overdue...




Say hello to my phone.  Doesn't it look clean to you?  Very, very clean.


Allow me to set the scene.  I'm talking on the phone.  Blah, blah, blah.  I'm cleaning the house like a madwoman.  No surface is safe, and our poor washing machine was working overtime.


As I'm sweeping the bathroom I notice that the toilet sure could use a cleaning as well.  So I start in with the brush and just when I get everything shining, plop!


In went my phone.


In .0004 seconds I had it out of the toilet-- trust me.  My maternal instincts jumped in quick on that one-- anything for my baby phone!


But it was too late.  And I won't even tell you what Josh heard me say as he started hearing gurgling noises from the other end of the line.




See that red dot?


NOT what you want to see on your phone.  You want it to be pink & white.  At least, that's what color mine was before.


Oh, and if you drop your phone in water.  Take it apart.  Dry it off.  But do NOT turn it back on for a very long time.  Like... days.  And I hear that putting it in a bowl of rice (to absorb the moisture) works very well as well.


Whatever you do, don't wipe it off and try to turn it back on.  It will zap every bit of life that was possibly left in the phone.


My brothers would be quick to tell you that this isn't the first incident that I've had involving a phone and a toilet.  Last time my brother cut out a newspaper comic that addressed the issue.  He would be proud to know that I still have it in my wallet.


Oh, and Rebecca, are you out there?  I'm sorry I didn't call you back.


And Verizon?  Please get the iPhone ASAP.  I promise I'll take good care of it.  Promise.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails