28 July 2010

Lake J.

After this morning's post, I thought I'd calm things down a bit for you.  On another note, I was featured on BlogHer today!  You can check the post out here.

Earlier this month I was doing a shoot for precious Adley's 2 month old pictures at a lake in my hometown.

I use the word 'lake' very loosely.  It's a large pond.  I wouldn't swim in it.  Tourists do on occasion, which makes the locals laugh uncontrollably.  We've seen what that place looks like when they drain it in the winter!

But on the surface, the place is gorgeous.  Many a weddings occur there and it's crawling with people on prom night taking pictures. 



So while I was adjusting my camera for light settings, I thought I'd take pictures of some of the pretty sites!


This is the widest part of the lake.  And there are ducks everywhere.  I remember going there as a kid with old bread to feed the ducks with!


And the chapel.  I've never been there when it hasn't been open and it's a favorite for weddings because it's a beautiful little stone church.

But brides beware.  It is HOT in there and terrible for photographers to try and get great pictures.


But my favorite part?  I got a picture of this little guy!  I hate bugs, so I don't intentionally seek them out. But he was just hanging out and let me snap a few pics of him before flying off.

Kind of fascinating.  But I still hate bugs.  And flies.  And anything I categorize into those areas.  Spiders included.

But the lake is pretty, isn't it?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails