28 July 2010

If you're too weird...

As I mentioned before, we went to Bele Chere last weekend-- it's a huge street fair in Asheville, NC.

If you've ever been to Asheville... or if you're ever heard of it... you know it's kind of... weird.  Here's a taste of the weird things that you see on the street in this town.

Yes, this was a street fair, but any of these things can be seen just about any day on these streets.


The paint on his back says "Free Hugs"


Then he went over to "chat" with these guys.


But this?  This is sheer awesomeness!  Are you seeing this kid's hair and face paint?


How to describe this guy.  In short, he moves that ball all around his body without dropping it and without holding it in his hands.  It was so awesome that we put money in his bucket!

**Edit: I've been informed (thanks Celeste!) that this has a name.  It's called contact juggling.  Here's a video of it:


End Edit**

This guy didn't have an act... he was just chillin' apparently.


And I realize that these aliens are just part of a street fair, but really... don't you think 5 feet is a bit ridiculous?

But then I saw this shirt.  And although I am not usually fond of t-shirts with statements on them, this one fit in perfectly!



No really... you are.  If you can top the guy with the umbrella thingy, bowling shoes, and tight MC Hammer pants, then... you might be too weird.

4 comments:

Celeste said...

I hate I missed bele chere this year, but I've been driving back a forth too much.

The guy with the orange ball was 'contact juggling'. Eli had tried it for a while.

fowler said...

We're always going back and forth too much. :( But we're closer than you guys, too.

Thanks for the name of the contact juggling-- I added it to the post. I can totally imagine Eli doing that and being good at it.

Tiffany said...

This is my favorite post you have done so far! Great pics! I miss Asheville, it is such an eccentric place.

Ashley said...

HILARIOUS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails