06 March 2013

Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cookie Recipe!


I might be biased, but this recipe is delicious!  I looked up a bunch of different recipes online & kind of combined them to make one that fit us.  And from the time I walked into the kitchen to the time I walked out, it was about 10 minutes.  That includes the time it took me to find a stool to reach the chocolate chips!  It's true... I have to put it on a high shelf so I don't eat them all in a day.

This recipe can easily be doubled, too!  There are just two of us & a toddler in the house, though, so this batch made 13 cookies & that was plenty for us.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups oatmeal (I used the quick cooking kind)
1 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 cup butter (or coconut oil)
1/4 cup milk
1/8 cup sugar (optional- all depends on how sweet you want it)


Directions:
Put the chocolate chips, oatmeal, and vanilla in a bowl.  Put the butter (or coconut oil), milk, and sugar (if you're using it) in a saucepan on the stove & cook over medium heat.  It'll boil & froth-- just keep stirring it while boiling for about a minute.  Then pour the mixture over the bowl & mix it all together! Spoon portions out onto wax paper & let harden.  If you're impatient, you can pop them in the freezer for a bit so they harden faster!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails