17 October 2012

Just when you least expect it.

I gave Hazel a long bath tonight.  She splashed & played & had a grand ol' time.  Usually I have everything laid out on my bed for after the bath.  That way I wrap her in a towel, lay her on my bed, and have everything there ready for bedtime.

But not tonight.  I just grabbed a towel and headed for the bath.  Afterwards I was soaking wet and she was happy as a clam.  I scooped her up in the towel & headed for the changing table in her room when I realized I didn't have any nighttime diapers ready.  So I tried to lay her on the changing table while I double-stuffed a diaper but she wasn't having it.  I put everything down & played with her cute little naked self for a moment.  She is so happy naked-- it's quite hilarious.

It was bedtime, though, so I went ahead and put her in the crib, naked, so that I could finish getting everything ready.  I even made sure to put her in there standing up so she wouldn't think it was bedtime and cry.

That's when it happened.

She peed everywhere.

I have to admit, it was kind of cute.  And I knew it would happen.  I mean, if you put a naked baby anywhere other than the tub or the changing table, it is going to pee.

All down the sides of her freshly washed legs, onto her little yellow sheets.  And she was happy as a clam, smiling up at me.  I couldn't help but laugh.

I picked her up, wiped her down, put a diaper on her and snuggled.

And finally, it has paid off to keep two sets of sheets on the bed with a waterproof cover in between! I pulled the top two layers off and had clean sheets ready for bedtime-- instantly!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails