06 September 2011

Half baked!

20 weeks along-- we are halfway there!  Time is starting to fly, but I'm enjoying it.  :)

Still getting nauseous & sick from time to time, but it's less and less.  Also, I'm starting to feel her move around in there!  I wasn't sure it was her at first, but now I know-- and it's so cool!  I can't wait for Josh to feel her, too!

For people that know me, they can tell I have a pregnant belly now.  For those that don't know me, most have no idea I'm pregnant!  This weekend at a party a girl heard me talking and asked when I had the baby.  She was outright shocked to find out that I was 20 weeks!

We also started our registry yesterday.  Whew, what a task!

I thought I'd share a few things we've gotten for our little one.  This is about half of the stuff we have so far (other than furniture).


From top to bottom:
5 onesies for $4 at a consignment store
Polkadot dress- $5 at same store - but c'mon-- so worth it!
Books- some from my mom, some I bought- all from yard sales & consignment.
Duckies for bathtime- present from my grandma.
Panda shirt & 2 pairs matching pants- present from my mom.
Rug- $5.98 at a consignment store.

I've really tried not to go overboard.  We live in a small apartment and want to keep our minimalist theme going as much as possible.  Other than these items, we have a Bumbo, a breast pump, some cloth diapers, a baby book, and a bag of goodies a sweet friend has already gifted us with (adorable clothes, a blanket, and a stuffed animal!  I don't even like stuffed animals, but this one is darn cute!).

In other words, I'm proud of myself!  I haven't gone overboard!

I know everyone says not to buy clothes-- she'll end up with more than she can possibly wear, but you know what?  I avoided buying clothes for nearly every single baby shower that I've ever been to (there are 2 exceptions to this) because I feel like the parents would probably rather buy the cutesy things like clothes.  So I usually buy diapers, wipes, washcloths, mattress pads... the not so exciting stuff.  So this time, it's my kid, and I want to buy her clothes!  But I'm a tightwad, so I really haven't bought much.  :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails