I've just always wanted to say that. "I'm a quarter of a century old."
And as of 6 something this morning, I was!
So happy birthday to me. I feel like 25 is no longer a kid. Josh & I were always 'THE young couple.' That token couple in every crowd that was way younger than everyone else. Well, those days are gone! Not only are we not that young anymore, but people our age are married, some are having kids... life is moving on!
A few random facts about me on my birthday:
1) I was born on Friday the 13th... the same day & year as the Olsen twins.
2) I was the first girl after my parents had 3 boys. My parents didn't find out I was a girl until the day I was born. The church wanted to throw them a shower beforehand, but they resisted. After finding out I was a girl, the church insisted on throwing them a shower. Therefore, I was actually at my own baby shower.
3) My dad had just bought a new SLR camera before I was born. That, mixed with the fact that I was the first girl resulted in me having more photos of my childhood than any of my other siblings... almost combined (there are 4 other siblings)! Maybe that's where my love for cameras began?
4) I lived in the same house from the time I was born until the time I got married. The only exception was my college dorm room which, let's face it, I barely stayed in.
5) I was not one for college. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, so took all the basic courses first. Finally, I chose a double major & graduated a semester early. College life was not my game. I was ready for marriage and settling down to a real job to make money & pay bills.
6) I remember seeing cloth diapers when I was little and loving how cute those little diaper pins were. I've always secretly wanted to cloth diaper, and we're going to try it on this little one! Thank goodness they've come a long way since the days of those diaper pins!
7) People told us that if we waited until we were 'ready' to have kids, we'd never have them. Not so. We planned & then waited until we were ready. And guess what? We're not 60!
8) I always said I wanted to get married as a teenager. At 17, I realized how dumb of a goal that was. That same year I also met Josh Fowler. I was 19 when we got married.
9) I have some sort of 'touching OCD' that makes me want to make things I touch even. If I touch it with my right hand, I generally have to with my left as well, with the same amount of pressure applied. If I touch a certain texture with one hand, I have to touch it with the other, too. It's not too bad- I can overcome it if I have to, but my husband sure gets a fun kick out of it!
10) The only dog that has ever been 'mine' is Jigsaw. He was born when I was in 8th grade & I still have him. He's such a fabulous little guy!