31 May 2011

Welcome little Fowler!

Did you hear?  Josh & I will be welcoming a new member to our family!  And for once, it's not furry with 4 legs.  :)

We'll be expecting our first little one January 23rd!  Which is quite funny because my mom had a kid on that day (my brother) and my grandmother had a kid on that day (my aunt).  So why not carry on the family tradition?

When we first found out, we set out to find a creative way to tell our parents.  I mean, after 5 years of waiting and now living 8 hours away, we really wanted to do something cool to announce it to our parents.


So we bought some onesies and decorated them.  I was pretty pleased with how they turned out.  Josh made the ones for his family, and I made the one for mine.


And here's how they turned out!  The first one was for Josh's grandmother-- this will be her first great-grandchild.  And the next one was for his parents.


Here's the one I made for my parents.


Needless to say, they were all beside themselves excited when they got these in the mail!

As for the 'stats' that everyone asks about:

- 6 weeks along- due January 23, 2012
- Morning sickness?- YES-- except it lasts all day.
- Sleep?: I used to sleep so well, but not anymore. I can't even sleep in my favorite sleep position anymore (which is a total bummer because I've slept that way since I was about 3).
- Food?: Food is gross, but I know I have to eat it.  I do love Simply Orange juice with High Pulp.  As for cravings, for the first time in my entire life, I don't have cravings, and it's nice!

I'll update every week or month or so on the blog to keep everyone updated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! So happy for both of you!
Wendy Rogers

Rachel said...

That is WONDERFUL news! Congrats :)

Anonymous said...

I still am sooo happy for you!! Cute ideas about the onsies.

Related Posts with Thumbnails