11 December 2010

Holiday fun.

Hello there!  Since we don't have kids, sometimes it's hard to think of fun things to do around Christmas.  

Baking cookies is out since we've eaten entirely too much the first 11 months of the year.

Gingerbread houses take too long.  Paper ornaments, well, we've just outgrown them.

I'm not a big fan of riding around in cars, so riding around to see Christmas lights isn't my favorite activity.


But I did manage to find something fun and creative to do this year!  The first picture was way easy.


But this second one?  It took forever.  You see, my face is right next to the front of my lens.  The trick was, I had to focus my camera while looking through the viewfinder, and then move my face around to the side while holding the camera completely still (since I wasn't using a tripod) so I didn't lose the focus where I wanted it.  It's rough, but was fun to create!  I thought I was being creative, at least, until I saw seventy-eleven other people do it.

And gosh, our shoebox apartment looks huge when distorted by the ornament!

Okay, I'm lame.

For the other non-kiddo families out there, what do you do to get in the Christmas spirit?

*Sidenote: Today is 12/11/10.  Neato.*

5 comments:

AnniePressley said...

Well, I usually take the kids to the Weihnachtsmarkt, but when I'm not busy with my children, I do what everyone does for Christmas. Drink hot wine and walk around in all the glorious snow. And watch That '70s Show.

fowler said...

LOL- Annie- your comments always crack me up!

Anonymous said...

We don't have anything yet! Andrew doesn't really do Christmas, other than setting up our treepod I'm out! We did make red velvet cookies, maybe that should count ;]

Rachel said...

I always enjoy driving around to see Christmas lights. It is especially fun to get lost and find a new way home. Your dogs can get in on this, too! Assuming they like car rides.

fowler said...

Rachel, I love that idea! Our dogs do love riding in the car, although they generally go right to sleep...

Related Posts with Thumbnails