12 November 2010

Nothing like a good rivalry game.

Football has never been a major thing for me.  I'm not a crazy fan and I really don't understand most of the game.  But there is one game that I love to go to every year.  That's the big rivalry game in my hometown.


It's the kind of game where you park in the first parking spot you find, no matter how far you have to walk.
And then you find a spot really close and wonder... why was this spot not taken?  And... isn't it the perfect size for my car?


See?  Told you it was a big rivalry.  TV cameras were there and everything.


 I love watching the guys come out after halftime.  I don't know a single one of them, but I'm proud of them.  They work hard and practice a lot in order to be where they are.


Speaking of working hard... check out the band!  I was in this band as a member of the colorguard for 5 years.  Oh how I miss those days!


Then you have "The Fellas & The Ladies" -- or at least that's what they were called when I was in school.  It was all the guys and gals that attended every football game and dressed up in whatever they decided was cool for that week.


Then you have the field.  The field that we can no longer tear up because we're mad we lost the game.  After all, it's not grass anymore.  Not that I was ever a part of tearing up the field.  Remember the Fellas & the Ladies?  I think they *might* have had a part in that back when I was in school.

Our band director got us out of there quick that particular night... no way was he going to have a band uniform anywhere near that fiasco!


Ooohh... check out the sideline hottie!


Ahhh!!!  Back to the game, quick!


There they are... our very own 'Boys of Fall.'  And yes, most of them had mohawks for the big game.  Don't you miss high school?

Me neither.  But doing silly stuff like that... it's a rite of passage.  I'll never forget the time one of my friends dyed another friend's long black curly hair completely neon pink.  I have to say, it was a nice dye job-- her head looked like she was wearing a bright pink wig!

Rite of passage, alright.


"Excuse me, sir... I'm trying to take a picture... can you move?"


We were the visitors, so you can see how the game went for us.  But that's okay-- they hadn't won for the last four years, so we let them win, right?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails