11 October 2010

Downtown

I have never been to Main Street in Greenville when there has not been an insane amount of people hanging out there.

An abnormal amount of pre-teens.  Always.  What happened in Greenville 12 years + 9 months ago?


For real, though.  There is plenty of parking downtown, but there's never an open space.  Tuesday night, Friday night, Saturday afternoon... it's busy no matter what.

I like it.

In my hometown, I think there is tumbleweed blowing around after 6pm on any given day.

But Greenville?  Downtown is not the place to go if you want to be alone.

Ever.

The photo below was taken around 9pm on a Tuesday night.  Nothing special going on and it was kind of chilly, but every parking spot on Main Street was full.  And after almost a year of living here, this was the first time we parked on Main Street.


We usually park at a church 4 blocks away.

Now add a festival to the mix, and...


I just love festivals.  I love seeing people everywhere.


I also hate being alone.  I think these two may go hand in hand.


My sister, on the other hand, apparently doesn't like crowds.

But one thing I love about Greenville is that in the midst of all the craziness...


There are some really peaceful spots.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails