23 October 2010

Crazy, insane dreams.

Last night I had a dream.  Not quite like Martin Luther King Jr's dream.

Not at all.

Mine involved my parent's house, my nieces, a lion, all the dogs and cats in my family, my Kodak point and shoot camera (that I could fit my niece into for easy carrying-- how convenient!), two suicides, a shed collapsing and killing several people (the authorities gave up because it could be days before they got everyone out- so the local teens were mainly doing the clean up work and taking care of the bodies of their fellow teens), a flood, the local middle and high schools (where I had to go counsel the students) and some other kind of death (I can't remember the cause of it).


Oh, and a helicopter shaped like a green and white UPS truck (somewhat like the one above).  It landed in my parents driveway (it was the authorities who were around town investigating all these deaths, none of which were related), talked to us casually for a bit, and before I could get my camera (and put my baby niece in there, cause I loved carrying her around- so cute!), they had already driven away down the road.  Except there were two vehicles at that point.

The morning after all the deaths (suicide of two middle school students, and a small shed collapsing on high school students and killing them all and a dog), I went to the middle school to help out with counseling.  No one seemed really upset, just in shock.  Then they let school out because there was a flood by the train tracks, and "it was convenient timing for a flood anyway."  It wasn't raining, though.


Then I went to the high school after seeing the collapsed shed and teens trying to clean up the bodies.  Poor things, they were so strong.  After going around to a couple of classes, they let school out, and then I was upset because I had missed math class and didn't know if I had any homework, and I couldn't remember which locker was mine, much less the combination.


My niece in the camera?  It was Sunaura.  She was lighter than she was last time I saw her, but her mom was driving a green car and asked Josh and I a weird question when we drove up.  I wish I could remember the question!  Anywho, Sunaura could do baby sign language and it was awesome, but she would do a lot of it fast and I kind of wondered if she was baby-sign-language-cussing me out.  She did the sign for hungry (think 'Meet the Fockers') and then did something around her ear.  And laughed.  She was a hoot to play with, but I think she didn't like being stuck inside that camera.


The lion was scary at first.  He was just hanging out on the deck of my parents house.  In my mind, he could smell fear, so I tried to be very calm as I walk past him.  Finally, toward the end of the dream I couldn't stand it anymore and I took a picture of him.  I mean, really, if there's a lion at your parents house, no one would believe it without a picture.  I think the flash got him a little upset so I tried to get the dogs and cats inside to keep them safe.  I couldn't let Jigsaw inside, though, because Hammer was in there and they wouldn't get along.  So I left him out there in hopes that he would outrun the lion.  Poor choices, I suppose.  Then the cat wouldn't come in and the lion was getting ready to attack so I had to close the door.  I tried to let her in through a tear in the screen, but instead of the cat, my neighbor's rottweiler (that is, my neighbor in SC) tried to come in, so I had to push him back out.  I didn't want a rottweiler in my house!  The lion can have him!


The end.

So... are you a dream reader?  Wanna decipher this one?  This is kind of a typical dream for me.  The randomness is in every single one of my dreams.  Complete fantasy world, which is funny because I'm not a fantasy type person.  I wasn't much for fairy tales as a kid, and don't really like the fantasy genre.  I'm also not this creative in real life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails