27 October 2010

Bucket List.

I'll admit... before the movie came out, I'd never heard of a bucket list.

And honestly, I thought of it as a list of extreme things, and I'm not really into extreme things, so the thought of making one never really interested me.

But then I saw a Baby Bucket List.  And I thought... hmmm.... that's more my style!

And then about 6 months passed and now that's lost it's flavor.  Mainly because I want to do exciting things after we have kids, too.  I have a friend who has a 6 month old that's already seen the Grand Canyon.  And we live on the east coast, so it's not a day trip.

I want to be that exciting parent.

So over the past year I've put a lot of thought into my bucket list.  I'm sure I'll add more and maybe even take a few off if I lose the flavor for it.  But you know what?  That's okay.



  • Have a "white" bed.  You know... the ones you see in the magazines... gorgeous white sheets, white bedspread... happiness floating all around. Done in 2010!
  • Visit Niagra Falls.
  • Visit California.  I'm totally fascinated with the state.  I make fun of it a lot because let's face it, the people from there are a different breed (Hi pot, I'm kettle), but I really wanna visit.  I want to see the beach, the stars on the walk of fame, watch a late night talk show, and take a zillion pictures.
  • Visit Paris.  Really, I want to go all over Europe.  But the number one place I want to see is Paris.  I've dreamed of it since kindergarten, which is when I started learning French.  I will brush up my French skills before hand.  I will spend an entire afternoon in awe of the Eiffel Tower.  I will see l'arc de triomphe.  I will walk down Champs Elysees... while singing the song.





  • I will read the Bible in its entirety.  I've read a lot of it, but I've never read every single word of it.  I started many times, and I even made it through somewhere around Nehemiah.  But never the whole thing.
  • Corrective eye surgery.  This is big.  This scares me.  But I've always talked about it, so why not?  The cost, versus buying contacts and glasses for a lifetime, are way less, and I hate contacts and glasses.  It only makes sense.
  • Go on an all out crazy vacation at Disney World (Land?  World?  I always get them confused.  I'm talking Florida, folks).  This is actually not originally my dream.  It's Josh's.  But I saw the joy in his eyes when we went to Epcot for one day... and I want to see that look again.  He looked like one of the little kids in the Disney commercials who just had all their dreams come true.
  • Run a 5K.  What?  I know... seems like a low goal, but I hate running and my thyroid hates it when I run.  So... a 5K may be a jumping off point into a life of running.  Or, it may be an ending point to my wondering.  Either way, I want to do it.
  • Ice skate well.  When I was a kid, I wanted to be a figure skater.  To this day, I'm the adult stuck behind the brownie troop on the ice because I'm too scared to pass them.  I may not be an Olympic figure skater, but I can learn to ice skate.
  • Trash the dress.  I wanted to do this when we first got married but there was some red tape.  His name was Josh.  And Terry.  And Debbie (my parents).  But as with all things, time does it's number and now no one cares about trashing the dress.  There are still grass stains on it from our reception because I refused to have it cleaned.  Why pay $100 to preserve a dress that we (my parents) paid $300 for?  What, exactly, would I be preserving it for?  So, now it's been 4.5 years and I still haven't trashed the dress.  But I will.  I don't care if it's our 50th wedding anniversary, I will do it.
  • Live on Pinnacle Ridge.  It's where I grew up.  It's a part of me.  And I have the opportunity to live there.  So... I'm going to live there.

  • Write a memoir-type book about my family so future generations can know more about us than we know about our ancestors.
  • Paint a wall in my home.  Again, you're thinking I'm crazy, I'm sure.  Who hasn't painted a wall before?  Well... since we got married, I haven't.  We weren't allowed in the first place we rented, and when we moved to Atlanta we planned to, but then the cost of the paint versus the amount of time that we planned to live there just didn't make sense.  And now we've put it off in our new apartment in the name of paying off debt... so sometime... somewhere... I'm going to paint!  Or pay someone else to do it.  Either way so long as it's painted.  :)
  • Make money off my blog.  Mark that off in 2010, baby!
So what's on your bucket list?  What's something you want to do before you die?  It can be practical or fun or just something you want to do... what is it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're able to run a 5k! I ran my fist one last year for Folkmoot and it was a blast. Just make sure you have tunes and a great partner to run with!

Related Posts with Thumbnails