23 April 2010

Funnel Cakes: part deux

Because my dear sweet hubby is ADD, and because I am lazy, we found funnel cake mix in our cabinet and decided to toss the recipe out the window. I did check and pretty much the ingredients were the same.

Mostly.

Everyday I look forward to having a nice camera more and more. Especially when it comes to the kitchen-- food pictures are so hard! Please excuse my dirty kitchen, but here's a play by play of our adventure tonight:

The deep fryer needed a bit of a spiff, so Josh handled that.



Then we mixed the batter.


It was really stiff, though, so we added a little water. And then a little more.

And a little more. Finally it was ready to be put in a baggy and squeezed out into the deep fryer.

No, we didn't have a funnel for our funnel cakes.

And yes, I own a deep fryer.

Yes... me.


Ick. This is what I'm talking about when I say, "It's hard to take a good picture of food." I know not to use my flash, but overall, blegh!


So I apologize for the unappetizing pictures. But hey-- now you won't want to make them, and I just saved you a lot of calories!

Your welcome.

Then we (and by "we" I mean Josh) flipped it over.


Then "we" served it on a plate. I'm a really good watcher when it comes to these things.

Mmm... powdered sugar!



They tasted awesome! A perfect date night!

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Don't worry, real food photographers use some seriously complicated set-ups. Also the food they photograph is almost never eatable.

Related Posts with Thumbnails