13 April 2010

2005

I'm sure more happened in 2005 than these few things, but here's what I have in pictures.

Summer 2005- Where did Josh's hair go??

June 13, 2005 (remember we also met on the 13th?) Josh proposed. Here's what I wrote on our wedding website about the proposal:

My birthday was on a Monday, and because we both had demanding jobs, we decided to celebrate it over the weekend. He took me out to eat and then took me to the mall where I could pick anything out that I wanted for my birthday present. I chose a pair of sunglasses.

Monday, Josh called me after work. He said that my dad had called him and asked him to pick up a box of special-order tile that had been delivered right next to where he works (which is 45 minutes from my town). He said my dad said he needed it for the next day, so could I come and get it. Of course, I jumped at the chance. My dad called a few minutes later with the same story.

Since Josh plays praise and worship music at his church, and he was 'at practice,' he told me just to meet him there. He said to just come in the sanctuary and find a place in the back and he'd meet me after practice. He'd been working hard on the music, so I was excited to hear it.

The whole drive over, something seemed really weird. Deep down, I thought he was going to propose. This was totally a type of surprise thing he would pull. But still, I didn't want to get my hopes up and then come home with a box of tile. I turned on the radio to try to get my mind off of it all, but all that was on were break-up songs.
I pull into the parking lot (this is a really huge church), and one of our friends comes out to greet me at my car. She looked like she was about to cry, so we talked for a little while.

When I finally walked in the sanctuary, all the lights went down except for a spotlight on the stage. Josh was up there, and he started playing a beautiful song on the piano. He had written it for me, and I recognized the chorus because he'd serenaded me with it several times before. (May I mention that Josh is a master at the piano, playing since he was 5). On the projection screen were the words, "Susan, I love you! Will you please come up to the stage?"
He had planned every detail—there were even photographer and video guys there! Several other people there, but Josh was the only one I saw. When he finished the song, he got down on one knee and said, "I know you came for a box of tile, but will you marry me instead?"

We both grinned ridiculous grins (caught on camera), and hugged and kissed. After all of that, I finally put the ring on (quite frankly, I didn't care about it by that point; I just wanted to marry him!).



Later that summer, we took a trip down to Tampa, FL and stayed with my grandmother for a week. It was a blast!



Here we are at Busch Gardens waiting on Sheikra-- a roller coaster that I refused to ride!


And we can't forget the engagement pics, taken in downtown Asheville. We had some taken in our favorite coffeeshop (Bonnie's Little Corner, which has since moved) and some people thought we were famous and that our photographer was the paparazzi! lol-- fun times.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails