03 January 2010

Blessings

Nothing like a good country song to let you know how blessed you are. I live in a beautiful area of the world, have amazing family and friends, who all allow me to be who I am. I have a fabulous apartment that has TWO bedrooms and TWO baths. My husband is insanely amazing, and will go to the ends of the earth for me or any of his friends... and he continually proves it. God has brought us to so many awesome new heights over the past nearly 6 years we've been together.

Life hasn't been easy, but life hasn't been too tough either. It's been just right.

Here's a few people I'd like to say good-bye to as 2009 has come to an end:

Nana (Ila Brooks Farmer): My precious Nana. She was 93. I think I get a lot of my personality from her, both good and bad. Although I cried, her death wasn't very sad. It was her time to go, and she was more than ready. She lived on earth for 30 years after her husband died, and that's a really long time! She lived through the Great Depression, and remembers seeing some of the very first cars in town. She also saw the first man on the moon, and even the first black President (although I'm not sure how aware she was of that). That's a long span. 4.10.1916 - 6.16.2009

Kyah Ann: What a precious life that passed too soon. It's interesting that the two people I lost this year were 93 years apart in age. I was visiting with Sunaura a few days ago, and when I looked at her, I thought about how it would be different if Kyah had lived... there would be two of them. Two. But then I know that everything has a purpose, and even if I don't understand it, that's okay. I don't have to know and understand everything. Regardless, I think she was completely adorable! Her face had so much personality!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails