16 September 2009





Please keep my sister in your prayers. She had another seizure today. After many phone calls, my mom got her in with a new doctor, who upped her medication (that's a good thing-- she was on the smallest dosage of the lightest medicine for seizures) and gave her another medicine for whenever she begins to 'jerk,' which is what happens leading up to her seizures.


God is doing amazing things, though. In the past week, my parents had considered letting her drive again, as it had been awhile since her last seizure. When my dad approached my mom about the subject, something told her that they should pray about it. (Thanks, God!) And before they'd gotten the chance to talk about it again, this happened today. I can only imagine how tough it is for my sister. She's 20 years old, wants desperately to be independent, but can't. She can't even drive right now, because it is a danger to herself and society in general. She's embarrassed to go to work because she's had 2 seizures there. She's embarrassed about having seizures in general. But there's nothing she can do about it, except keep going to the doctor to figure out what's going on. She has no memory of what went on before, during, or after the seizures, and her memory is cloudy for hours afterward.

How frustrating and scary.
So please, please pray for her, as well as for my parents.


(and no... pretty much no one in my family looks alike)

1 comment:

Bernard Shuford said...

Wow. Hope she can get better soon. I know that must be tough. God can handle it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails