19 July 2009

This morning at church ROCKED.

I was supposed to lead worship for the little 2 & 3 year olds in Waumba Land, but someone wasn't able to be there, so they needed someone to act as Host in the large group worship environment. It was WAY out of my comfort zone, but why not? So I got dressed up in this little get-up (I was wearing all my regular clothes underneath!) and pretended to be a soldier for the little kids. I mainly got them riled up and ready to listen to the story. It went really well!

During the hour between services, I got to know some of my fellow volunteers a little better.

Once the 11am service started, I was again super excited because the message series is "Waiting Room" and it's all about what we should do while we are in a period of waiting. If you think about it, all of us are in some type of period of waiting at any point in time. Jeff Henderson, campus pastor at Buckhead Church, has been covering for this series and it's just such a blessing. He is an amazing and humble communicator.

Then... at the end of the service, on top of all that I was feeling already, and the rather emotional past few weeks, Jeff announced that Ginny Owens would be closing out the services with one of her songs that is an appropriate prayer to go with the message.

My heart flipped. Ginny Owens' music has touched my heart for as long as I've been listening to Christian music (other than hymns). I guess since 9th grade. I first fell in love with her music because she sounded kind of like Jewel, one of my all time favorite artists. This particular song has spoken to me so many times over the years. I've posted it's lyrics on several blogs and it's been one of my 'prayers' over the years.

At North Point, there are 3 campuses with 4 auditoriums in all. I was in the one that is known for "usually" having the live service, but it wasn't today. Or rather, it was a live stream. I'm not sure what campus she was actually at-- either Buckhead or Browns Bridge. Oh how I wish she'd been at NP campus! It was still a perfect day, though!


The pathway is broken
And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to

Cause I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire
If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone

ya oh oh no

So When the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I go through the valley If You want me to

When I cross over Jordan I'm gonna sing, I'm gonna shout
I'm gonna look into Your eyes and see You've never let me down
So lead me on the pathway that draws me home to You
And I will walk through the valley if You want me to

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails