28 June 2008

Selfish, continued

My journey to unselfishness has begun, and boy is it ever a tough one!


My journey to unselfishness has begun, and boy is it ever a tough one!

I started with my hubby. He is super unselfish, and I tend to walk, no, trample all over him and he takes it. I used to want him to fight back every now and then, but after 2 years, I have finally come to realize that I should be more like him. (I'm sure when he reads this he'll say, finally... but then again, probably not, because he is that unselfish) Am I unselfish yet? No where near it, but I'm finding people to look up to and finding new ways to be unselfish.

Another person God keeps bringing to my mind is Michaela-- the wife of the trooper who was tragically killed a week and a half ago. She is 24, just attended her husband's funeral, and has an infant in the hospital. If anyone has a right to be selfish at any point in their lives, I think she certainly has it now. God has continually brought her to my mind to pray for, and I have been. The other day, I emailed her via facebook and she responded. Did she respond with thanks and a feeling of pitifulness, or mention how hard her life has been? No-- she responded completely unselfishly and as a very strong woman. From what people have said about her and what I've read on her facebook, she is an amazing and unselfish person.

Another person to look up to, and I don't even know her. This trip into the land of unselfishness is pretty cool, and I want to get there as quickly as possible! (wait, was that selfish?)

1 comment:

Sheyennew said...

You crack me up- what a great post! And totally like me... I am so selfish and Sean is so NOT selfish. I don't even realize how bad I am most of the time! But I'm working on it, too... maybe some day... :-)

PS- How do you change your background on this thing?

Related Posts with Thumbnails