26 November 2013

Dream Nursery


When I was pregnant we lived in a tiny two bedroom apartment with two dogs & a cat.  It was fine before I got pregnant, but once we started adding baby items to the mix, it quickly became a cramped space.

Two years later we bought a house & I got to decorate the nursery of my dreams!
 

I know it sounds silly that this is the nursery of my dreams, but it is.  A cute, functional nursery that makes me squeal a little when I look at it.  It's ours!  We've been married for seven and a half years and this is the first time we've been able to paint our home.  It's our home.  Boom.

This is what it looked like when we first moved in.  We were so thankful that the previous owners had painted everything white.  It made painting super easy!
 

Here are a few more looks at the room:


The blank wall above the crib is waiting on a wall decal that we've had for, oh, two years.  It's super cute but we'd been waiting to use it until we knew we weren't moving anytime soon.


We plan to paint the closet door in chalkboard paint.  Sure, it will be messy, but what is life without messes from a two year old?


Paint Color: Robins Nest by Benjamin Moore.  We used the Natura no VOC paint and loved it!  We painted the room with my daughter in there & no headaches or smell or anything.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails