03 January 2013

2013... the year of no change? Resolutions & thoughts

Now, 2013 is exciting for me.  13 is my lucky number.  I've written about it many times on here-- it's the day I was born, the day I met my husband, the day he proposed, and the day we got married.  I was sad when Hazelnut wasn't born on Friday the 13th.  I was shocked, actually.

Also?  I always thought I would have my first child in 2013.  But I got that blessing a full year early, in 2012!

So what exactly does this new year hold for me?  I'm not much for making resolutions for a new year.  But then again, I'm not the girl who starts a diet on a Monday.  I start it on the first possible day.  If I make a decision, I'm going to go ahead and do it, rather than waiting for a special day.

So that's what we've done with the overhaul in our eating.  We needed an overhaul a few months ago, so now going into the new year, we are well on our way, and it feels great!

But still, I'm a people pleaser, so when the new year rolls around, I like to have something to tell people when they ask if I have any resolutions.

Yep.  Of course.

I'm going to be more organized & do more.  Work, home, cooking, etc.  Organized.  My schedule is constantly full.  Too full.  So the more organized I am, the quicker things can get done, and the more time I will have.

This is also the first year since 2008 that we haven't moved.  Our house is getting cluttered & my minimalist spirit can't handle it!

Also, I feel like this is the first year I have a chance to breathe a little.  Here's the timeline of our marriage so far:

2006: First year of marriage-- talk about change!
2007: My brother & his daughter moved in with us.  It was a very mutual decision & we loved having them there-- but boy, another big change!
2008: We moved to Atlanta... more change.
2009: Moved to South Carolina... oh yes, even more change.
2010: We thought that was the year... we signed a new lease & were excited to be settled in to our cheap apartment with fun jobs... when this church in Virginia called and... we moved to Virginia!
2011: Ahh... life in Virginia.  Making tons of new friends and... we're pregnant!  So that means packing up again & moving to a bigger apartment.
2012: Hello baby Hazelnut!  Need I say more?  That was a change.

2013:  Nothing new on the horizon.  We are very excited for a year of doing relatively little compared to years past.  We are happy & satisfied (in a good way) with where we are.  We are content.

So I'm a little excited, and a little scared, of where 2013 will take us.  Will it finally be a year to take a breath?  Or is there something crazy awaiting us?

Will we buy a house?

I have to admit, that one is rolling around in my head.  Boy oh boy do I hope so!  But we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were holding very heavy and hot. There are some good [URL=http://www.northfacetriclimate.org/#990]north face outlet[/URL] too. They are named as Wool jackets. Amazing fabrics are widely-used by these jackets. They will keep the people snug through the months of winter. The idea manufactures two zip wallets and waterproof hoodies as well. This will help in keeping the body very warm and dry.The durability of [URL=http://www.northfacetriclimate.org/#1819]links[/URL] is very good. Cleaning is usually done in washing machines.

Related Posts with Thumbnails