15 July 2011

4:40am Grocery Trip?!

Last Sunday morning Josh woke me up at 5:30am to tell me goodbye.

No, he didn't leave me.  5:30am is when he leaves for church.  But that's not the sickening part.  The sickening part is that he also told me he went grocery shopping.

My little pea brain couldn't comprehend that bit of information. The night before when I went to sleep he was already snoozing & had not gone grocery shopping... so when did this happen, exactly?

4:40am.  My husband went grocery shopping at 4:40am on a Sunday.  Unlike me, he's the kind of guy that gets up 2 hours early to get ready, make a big breakfast, watch some TV, and then head out.  I wake up 15 minutes before I have to leave, run a brush through my hair and put on whatever shoes are closest to the door.

So at 4:40am he realized there wasn't sufficient breakfast food for him to eat.  He considered IHOP, but didn't want to blow his diet, so he decided to go by Wal-Mart to get some stuff.  Then, while at Wal-Mart he saw that there was no one else actually shopping, so he breezed through the store & did our entire weekly shopping trip.

At 4:40am.  I still can't comprehend it.

What's funny is his passive agressive way to get me to eat healthier.  You know... Organic Cinnamon Crunch.

Sorry the box is gross-- I had to dig it out of the trash.  ;)  Not. kidding.
This week's shopping trip?


It takes me back to the weekends a few years ago when we would have 'Cereal Weekends.'  We'd each buy a box of cereal, get a gallon of milk, and that's what we'd eat for pretty much every meal all weekend!  Not very healthy, but it was perfect for lazy weekends!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails