17 March 2011

Birthday's all around!

It's no secret that I love St. Patrick's Day.  11 years ago my sweet little doggie was born!  He has red hair, so it just makes it all the much better since it's an Irish holiday.


I was in Washington, DC on a school trip when he was born.  I remember knowing that he was going to be born while I was away, and sure enough, I called my dad on a pay phone and he told me the puppies were born.  He'd already picked mine out, and named him Jigsaw.

I insisted that I would be the judge of which one I picked, as well as what the name would be.

Of course, one look at that little puppy and my heart melted.  He had little white patches of hair on his back that looked like pieces of a Jigsaw puzzle.

And that's how he became mine.  He's not much of a cuddler (and neither am I), but whenever I cry, he comes and consoles me.  He was there through every single boyfriend I ever had, and sometimes still growls at Josh if he comes to bed after me.

I have no idea what I will do without that little dog.

But there are more birthdays... yesterday was our church's 8th birthday!  And tomorrow?  Tomorrow is my niece, Rylie's first birthday.



I'd show you a current picture... but I don't have one!

Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

Rob said...

I have never done this before, but for you I will say...Happy Birthday Jigsaw.

Related Posts with Thumbnails