12 January 2010

Here are some pics of our new pad! I'm cheating and just copy & pasting from my 365 blog. :)

Our living room is clean and starting to look like we want it to! The wall here will be the same color of the blue pillows on the couch (think Tiffany Blue). I love how all the different pieces have come together for our style, yet full of memories.

  • The black shelf on the wall was made by my dad when I was in middle school for me to put all my candles on. It used to be painted yellow with blue stars! The pictures on it are black & whites of our wedding.
  • The bookshelf on the left is what we bought from Ikea last month. $70! Look closely and you'll see my great-grandmother's china. :)
  • The end table was stained by Josh when he worked at a unfinished furniture store... the tips he made at that job were how he paid for my engagement ring.
  • We bought the couch for my college graduation/Christmas present for 2007. It was the first piece of furniture we bought together.


Through the cut-out you can see the sunroom, which we turned into our dining room. Let's face it... we're not going to sit out there and read by the windows. Josh also stained the table and chairs-- the table top & seats are dark brown, and the legs are black.

This is our dining-room-turned-music-room. You can see the couch at the bottom of the picture and see how this fits in with the living room. They make an L shape together. I like it because Josh entertains with his music a LOT, and it makes it more open for guests. It also allows a place to display the things that really define who he is.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails