20 June 2009

I learned a lot about my family this weekend. I'm going to give the bullet points to make it easy for myself:

-My great-grandma had 33 family members at her funeral between direct descendants and their spouses.
-I found a GREAT name for a future son of mine. Please don't steal it if you live close to me. ;) It's Brooks Winston Fowler. Brooks is my great-grandmother's maiden name; Winston is Josh's middle name. I like it because it's unique (I've never known anyone with the first name Brooks, so it can't be that common) and it's not likely to be misspelled. So, in 5 years, hopefully I'll get to use it!
-My great-grandmother didn't seem to set out to have a large family. Here's a breakdown of the generations:
  • Great-grandmother had 2 kids
  • 1 of those kids had 1 child; the other had 2 (only because it was twins; otherwise it would have been only 1)
  • Of those 3 kids, they collectively had 12 kids
  • Out of those 12 kids (current ages range from 20-34; most of them are/have been married), they collectively have 2 kids so far
So the question is: what the heck happened with the generation that had 12 kids?? lol It's interesting, too, that they all had most of their kids before they were 30 years old. This next generation, we've been waiting to have kids till we're a little older, but I'm definitely gonna have a bundle!

-My mom is now on facebook :)

1 comment:

Bernard Shuford said...

If you know Kevin Valentine from Bethel, he has a 7 y/o son named Brooks. Brooks, as a matter of fact, is going to spend the night at my house tonight with my son Travis. :)

Not that it means anything, just telling you about another guy named Brooks.

And, yet, people often call him Brook. Believe it or not.

Related Posts with Thumbnails